The delusion...

Value Investing

Other stuff

In case you missed it...

This blog is now three months old, so I thought that it might be time for a checkpoint review.

I started off by trying to talk about some tax effective investment structures, in the hope that some real and useful information would give me some online credibility.  Perhaps I waited too long between the actual setup of those structures and the documentation thereof, and so the accuracy, and hence usefulness was not quite as high as I had hoped.  I'll know better for next time.

I tried a couple of thought experiments, which I personally found very useful in drawing me to a couple of my key investment beliefs, but they were not well received - in terms of readership and participation.  Nevertheless, I will persist with these, as I have a number more to go through, and they are central to the theme of this blog - delusional investing: "These are the thoughts going through my head.  Am I delusional?"

There were a few other random posts, that don't directly relate to the theme of this blog, but that I needed to write about to understand myself.  There will be many more these, that one day, I hope to string together into a reasonably cohesive story.

The most popular post to date has been on the little book that beats the market.  I'm not sure that this is a great thing, because I haven't been able to determine if the people that search for that book are after the "quick win" investing answer, or whether they are genuinely interesting in investing strategies.  Hopefully the latter, because I'll continue to review investing strategies as I find them.

Ideally, I like to have more comments on my posts than I have been receiving so far.  I don't measure the success of this blog on the number of views, but instead, on the number of "insightful comments".  Having only received a handful of comments, I have to count this as a failure of this blog to date.  Thanks to those that have commented though.

I think that I need to get more involved with other value investing blogs, and to participate in the existing communities, to be able to get the feedback that I am looking for.  To that end, I hope to review a bunch of blogs to determine which ones are of value to me, in the hope of reciprocity.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and please give feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment